Panchakarma is a method of cleansing the body of all the unwanted waste after lubricating it. Panchakarma are 5 (five) in number; hence the term PANCHA (five) – KARMA (procedures). Panchakarma treatment is unique in the sense that it includes preventive, curative and promotive actions for various diseases.
The body can be divided on the basis of the parts that need cleansing. Head, GIT (gastro- intestinal system), upper and lower. The five main Karmas to cleanse the complete body are
- Vamanam (therapeutic emesis) - induced vomiting helps clear the upper gastro till the duodenum (end of stomach) and part of the respiratory tract.
- Virechanam (purgation) - induced purgation clears the lower gastro from the duodenum (end of stomach) till the exit.
- Anuvasana (enema using medicated oil) - Oil enema helps lubricate the rectal area and take out all the lipid soluble waste out through the anus.
- Nasyam - nasal instillation of medicated substances helps clear the respiratory tract and para-nasal sinuses.
- Astapana Vasti (Therapeutic Decoction Enema) - decoction enema cleanses the area from the transverse colon till the anus.
Abhyanga ayurvedic full body massage done with medicated herbal oils. This relaxing and refreshing full body massage is done with medicated herbal oils by two therapists in a synchronized manner for several minutes.
The fullbody abhyanga is recommended for who suffering from neuro muscular diseases, depression, hemiplegia, muscle tension, sciatica, parkinson's disease and stress.
Kizhi is a massage therapy and part of Ayurveda mainly aims to enhance and protect the health and wellness of the whole body. The Kizhi Ayurveda massage therapy is very effective in every aspect and it gives a new born feel to all aspirants. It ensures confidence and mental peace and improves vigour and vitality. The continuous practicing of Kizhi assures youth forever.
In this procedure the vasti is placed on the lower back and warm medicated oil is poured in the vasthi(ring shaped compartment which is made up of special grains or wheat).Slowly the skin absorbs the oil and after 30 to 40 minutes the ring is removed and remaining oil is massaged over the affected area.
Benefits of Kati Vasti
- Effective for Chronic Back pain
- Intervertebral disc prolapse and Lumber Spondylitis
- Relieves the pain due to Osteoarthritis of the back bone
- Helps in maintaining the curve of the spine
Janu Vasti is a specialized Ayurvedic treatment that involves pooling medicated oil in compartments created around the knee joint or the site of inflammation or injury. It can be used for the treatment of various musculoskeletal disorders like osteoporosis, tendonitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ligament tear, etc.
Benefits of Janu Vasti
- Releases discomfort from the knee joins
- Releases stiffness in the knee joints
- It helps in soothing the nerves around the knee join and the nearby areas.
Greeva Vasti is essentially the holding of herbal oils on the spine, starting from the neck.
Greeva Vasti operates through Sweda (sweating) and falls under the Panchakarma strain of treatments. Sweda is performed with the help of warmed medicated oil held in a container and placed at the spot of discomfort on the back of the neck. This helps to relieve affected areas.
Uro Vasti, the Ayurveda herbal oil treatment specially focuses on chest area of the human body. The past of black gram powder or wheat powder are using to bund the medicated oil in the chest area and it would be completely sealed. Uro Vasti is one of the important part in Panchakarma. It’s very helpful to reduce chest pain.